Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Berlin! Teil 2!

Today is my second day in Berlin, and I still love it.

We saw the East Side Gallery/The Berlin Wall today, and it was so amazing. I have plenty of pictures of me by The Berlin Wall. It was a very moving experience. To see something I have read about and learned about for three years is amazing, and I finally understand it now. I felt so many emotions when I saw the Wall. I stepped off the bus and started crying because it was just that emotional for me.

You can still see the effects of a divided Germany/Berlin here. It is one city now, but the East is different than the West, and you can see the struggle involved in half a city adapting to capitalism for the first time in 20 years. It is one city, but it still looks like two different countries. I also took pictures as our bus was driving through Checkpoint Charlie with no stops.

In a few, I am going to Alexander Platz and then back to Unter den Linden for some shopping.

Everyone needs to visit Berlin.

Only two more days left. :( But I get to see my cousin who I haven't seen in at least five years.

No comments: