I was back in Munich this weekend. It was okay. All I really did was go back to Hofbrauhaus, saw the glockenspiel again, and bought some scarves. I was there for a total of about seven hours. My friend Erin and I took the night train back. Kate stayed the night with the other people we went with. I wasnt into spending more money to stay in a city that I had already been to. However, I wouldve loved to go on the walking tour. Oh well. Next time.
It is already our last week in Mayen, and I am trying not to think about it too much. This week we are going for a wine tasting in Monreal, a little city that is near Mayen. It is actually where my host Oma is from. She and her good friend are coming with the group. I cant wait.
Thursday we are going to see My Fair Lady auf Deutsch, which should be interesting. I think they speak in German and sing in English.
My independent study is almost done. I was in the Gymnasium last week on Thursday. That was quite an interesting experience. I actually prefer American classrooms to German classrooms. However, I would like to teach here someday.
I dont have any idea how I am going to be able to leave on Friday. We are travelling around for the last week, so that should be fun. On the 27th, I am going to my cousin's house in Darmstadt for the last three days I am here. That should be fun. She is even going to drive me to the airport. I got lucky with that one. I am glad to know what I am doing with my life after the trip is over. I wont just be floating around Europe somewhere like a vagabond with two huge suitcases.
Today is our last laundry day, too. My whites have been whiter since being in Germany. Everything is better here. I dont want it to end, but lets be honest - I have been on a six-week vacation.
Where did the time go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Six week vacation, I like the sound of that!!
Post a Comment