The time goes so quickly.
There are 19 days left until I return to the US. That means that there are 16 days left of my program, and 9 days left in Mayen. I am preparing myself for the tremendous sadness that will accompany my return, but in the meantime, I have so much to talk about.
Saturday, I went to Trier, the oldest city in Germany. I saw a lot of Roman ruins and the Karl Marx House. I wouldnt recommend the Marx House Museum unless youre really, really into Communism.
Yesterday we were in Bonn and Cologne. We were only in Bonn for two hours, unfortunately. There is a really great German History Museum, Hause der Geschichte. It is German history from 1945 to present time. There are pieces of the Berlin Wall, a VW Bug, a Sandmaennchen Doll, and so many other things. I wish that we had more time there. It was like my entire spring semester in one building. It was so amazing to finally see all of that in real life. I saw the note cards that JFK used for his speech in Berlin, and they were in his handwriting and phonetically spelled.
Cologne was epic. We saw the Cologne Cathedral and heard an organ concert there that night. I went up into one of the spires in the cathedral looked out over the whole city. It was a horrible climb, but it was so worth it in the end. I have a lot of pictures, but they dont really do it justice, unfortunately.
It was nice to spend the day with Christina Frau Göbels granddaughter. She is 21, and she is so nice. I want to bring her home with me... But I think she is going to try and visit me and my roommates during our spring break in March. I am keeipng my fingers crossed.
I dont really know what we are doing for my last weekend in Mayen. I cant believe how quickly the time has gone.
Comments, questions??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment