Well, I couldn't help but updating again because there is some very exciting news in Berlin right now... Germany is in the EM finals! I watched the game from our hostel, but after the game I went out with John, Erin, Jacqui, Matt, and Eric to see the madness at the Brandenburger Tor. They had a giant Leinwand (projection screen) there, and soooo many people were there to watch the game. During the day, the Tor is, admittedly, underwhelming, but at night, it is AMAZING! How amazing you ask? SO amazing.
I love this city, and I love this country. It is just overwhelmingly amazing, and you just have to come to experience it. You learn about all this stuff in your German classes, but you can't really understand it until you see it. I never understood the Berlin Wall until I saw it. I understood that it split one city into, basically, two countries, but I never GOT it until I saw it - until I touched it. It turned something abstract into something real. And that's what this entire trip has done, and I love it. I love how much more of German culture I understand. It is real now.
And today, while we were on our city tour, we saw Condoleeza Rice. We were going out to see the Brandenburger Tor, but the police told us we had to wait because she was coming, and we thought it would be a motorcade, but she walked by, and I have a picture. I may not respect her policies, but I respect her intelligence, and it was still cool to see the U.S. Secretary of State like three feet away. She waved, it was awesome.
Okay. I'm off to do more stuff on the internets. I love that I can use my own computer now that I'm in Berlin.
Bis Morgen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment