Today we spent the day in Koblenz, and it was simply amazing. The Rhine and the Mosel rivers come together in Koblenz, and they call it die deutsche Eck (The German Square). There is a giant statue of Kaiser Wilhelm I. It was destroyed during WWII, but they rebuilt it in 1993. It is epic. You can go up in it and look out over the eck.
We walked around Koblenz for a while. Kate, Erin, and I sat in a park and ate the lunches that we brought. Then we met the rest of our group for a Rhine boat tour. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced in my whole life. That river is epic. There are castles and mountains and little cities. The Mississippi River may be bigger, but nothing can match how awesome the Rhine is. I love it. The tour was amazing, and I never wanted it to end. I have so many pictures of the tour and of die deutsche Eck. I wish that I could post them, but the internet is far too slow. But dont worry, youll get to see them all when I come back, and you will probably get tired of seeing them because I will show them to you all every time I get the chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You better bring pictures to Turfgrass (and again when I'm actually there)!
Hopefully I'll be able to be around sometime to actually SEE your photos! If not you will have to put them on Flickr :D
Post a Comment